The true harvest of life is intangible...it is in the tints of the morning and evening...it is in the stardust caught...a segment of the rainbow.
Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday 1 May 2007

AUTUMN LEAVES


Well it's Autumn here, the mornings are getting a little chilly, but the days are perfect, so clear and colourful. This is a photo of one of my trees, a Rhus with it's beautiful heart shaped leaves changing to all colours from yellow to rich red. I am going to have coffee this morning with a friend who I haven't seen in a couple of months, due to the fact that we have both had some challenges lately. It will be good to catch up with her.



Here is another background that I tried from Arttechniques, it is Zorana's technique. I really enjoyed doing this. Is is done with silk flowers and leaves, embossing powder and beeswax. I will do some more of these when I get some time. It is just waiting to be artied up, but it seems a shame to cover it up with anything.

No comments: