The true harvest of life is intangible...it is in the tints of the morning and evening...it is in the stardust caught...a segment of the rainbow.
Henry David Thoreau

Sunday 7 August 2011

BEESWAX COLLAGE CLASSES


This month, I'll be doing two "Beeswax collage" classes, one for the regular Thursday class and one for the Mixed Media Artists group on Saturday. I simply love the look, the smell and the feel of beeswax. All of the elements of this collage are fixed in place with the beeswax, giving it a lovely muted, dreamy appearance. I hope that the girls enjoy this adventure into a new medium......so many great things to do and there never seems to be enough time. Oh and by the way, I was compelled to use this gorgeous girl although I did use her a few months ago, isn't she beautiful??

6 comments:

Nelbel said...

Can't wait to do this class with you Rob!! xx

Beth Normsn said...

Very beautiful. I wish I lived closer to take the class with you. I've been wanting to work with beeswax.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Rob
This is simply divine.
I love beeswax (use my melt pot) but for some reason I never made the effort to use it more often. I would say you have inspired me to do jus that.
Gorgeous creation.
Wishes
Lynne

Thank you for the lovely, encouraging comments you leave for me to read.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such a wonderfully pretty piece, the colours are so serene and elegant. This really makes me want to try my hand at working with beeswax.

Thank you very much for your comment over at Chronically Vintage today. I sincerely enjoyed reading about how your mother worked for Jantzen (my, what I wouldn't give to be able to go back in time and shop the "flawed item" sale - today I bet most of those items would be seen as complete treasures).

I'm happy that my post brought back lovely memories for you. :)


Many thanks & big hugs,
Jessica

Judith Tetley said...

Great project Rob...hope you have a good time with your class...will be looking forward to seeing your sample!
Hugs..Judith in Carnarvon WA.

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty Rob,Love the soft appearance from the beeswax
Hugs Julie P