The true harvest of life is intangible...it is in the tints of the morning and evening...it is in the stardust caught...a segment of the rainbow.
Henry David Thoreau

Saturday 26 February 2011

Memo Board from Picture Frames


The next project that I worked on was these Memo Boards for my Studio. At Christmas I made memo boards from old frames with glass in them, on which you could write with a Whiteboard Markers. I was so happy with them and have been wanting to make them for our house and my studio, so I came across these old Certificate frames at a Garage Sale, they were black and have the glass fixed with screws to the front. So I got to working on them, firstly I tried painting a background behind the glass but wasn't happy with my efforts, so I decided instead to use the absolutely gorgeous paper that I had in my stash, I figure if it love it so much, why not have it adorn my studio. I added some lovely images and quotes, and Voila!! here they are ready to hang side by side in my studio.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh I love that paper too. Nice job!

Teresa aka Tess said...

I didn't know you could write on glass with whiteboard markers. New thing learned and I love what you'v created ehre.

Bethel of Bethania said...

What a lovely look these have... and why not use that stash apparently we can't takke it into our next life... ha ha or else we will have to live at least 3 lifetimes...